- 5 Christmas Movies Rewritten According to Brexit and UK Politics
- 2020 Golden Globe Nominees - Full List
- Record 'Irishman' Numbers, Malick Movie Screened at Vatican, Awards for Kathleen Kennedy, Helen Mirren, More
- European Film Awards 2019 - Winners Full List
- Knives Out at UK Box Office - Roundup 29th Nov-1st Dec 2019
A stand-alone Joker movie is in the early stages of development at Warner Bros. with Jared Leto set to reprise his role from Suicide Squad (2016) and act as executive producer on the project, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The yet-to-be-titled movie has yet to find a writer but will be set in the same universe as Suicide Squad unlike the stand-alone Joker movie from producer Martin Scorsese and director Todd Phillips which was revealed back in August and has Joaquin Phoenix loosely attached to star.
Despite being a critical bomb, David Ayer’s Suicide Squad grossed $746million worldwide and is thought to be the launching pad for a number of spin-off franchises rumoured to be starring Harley Quinn, Batman and now The Joker.
The partnership between DC and Warner Bros. has a number of releases slated for the future despite recent changes behind the scenes following Justice League‘s negative critical reception and lack of performance at the box office, including Aquaman in December, Shazam in April 2019 and Wonder Woman 2 in November 2019.