We all know how life can get sometimes. We get too busy to take the time to do the things we enjoy – which in our case is watching as many films as we would really like – then before we know it, a year has gone by and our film quota has not been met (this is what has happened to me as I have grown older and adulting has got in the way).
To try and rectify this for myself and (hopefully) everyone here at The Film Magazine, I have concocted a new challenge. It may be an ambitious one for some, including myself, but we should try all the same.
I am setting the challenge to watch 100 films in one year.
- Starting 1st January and ending 31st December 2019, the aim is to watch at least 100 films.
- These can be films that you have never seen before, ones you have seen countless times.
- The means through which you access the films does not matter (cinema, DVD, through a streaming service, on TV).
- Watching the same film more than once throughout the challenge does not count. It has to be 1o0 different films.
- Document what you watch in some way.
– in a notebook
– a spreadsheet
– via Letterboxd (which also has an app)
- Give them a rating if you like. We find that doing so builds motivation as you can compare new films to those you’ve already seen.
- Share with us what you are watching.
– Like our Facebook page where we will be asking for regular updates on what you guys have liked, disliked and what you would recommend. Join in the conversation with us there, on Instagram and on Twitter using hashtag #100FilmChallenge
- Have fun, discover something new and revisit some old favourites.
- LET THE CHALLENGE COMMENCE!