- Frozen II Maintains Top Spot - UK Box Office Roundup 6-8th Dec 2019
- 5 Christmas Movies Rewritten According to Brexit and UK Politics
- 2020 Golden Globe Nominees - Full List
- Record 'Irishman' Numbers, Malick Movie Screened at Vatican, Awards for Kathleen Kennedy, Helen Mirren, More
- European Film Awards 2019 - Winners Full List
Twentieth Century Fox have finally added names to their much anticipated X-Men spin-off with Anya Taylor-Joy and Maisie Williams joining the cast of the movie they’re calling New Mutants.
Taylor-Joy, most recently seen in one of the surprise hits of 2017, Split, will play a character called Magik, while Maisie Williams (‘Game of Thrones’) will play Wolfsbane in the movie co-written and directed by The Fault in Our Stars director Josh Boone.
Taylor-Joy’s Magik is the sister of Deadpool character Colossus; her powers include sorcery and travelling via the use of teleportation disks. Williams’ Wolfsbane is a young woman who can turn into a wolf.
The movie, set to be produced by Simon Kinberg (X-Men: First Class, Logan)and Karen Rosenfelt (The Twilight Saga), and co-written by Knate Gwaltney, will focus on a group of angst-driven misfit teens comprising of Magik, Wolfsbane, and the yet to be cast characters of Danielle Moonstar, Sunsport, Cannonball and Warlock.
Fox are looking to cast an ethnically diverse range of actors and are currently set to begin filming in July 2017, with the picture slated for an April 13th 2018 release date.
So, what do you think? Will ‘New Mutants’ be a success? Let us know in the comments…