- 'Sonic' Has Highest Video Game Adaptation Opening Ever! - UK Box Office Report 14-16th Feb 2020
- Bedelia (1946) Review
- 10 Years of Shutter Island - Flawless Directorial Command and Mental Health Examination
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) Review
- The Streaming Romance: Reception and Perception in Modern Moviestaying
The UK box office fell by £2million in 2018 when compared to the results of 2017 according to the UK Cinema Association, earning £1.277billion overall for the calendar year. This is despite admission numbers reportedly being on course to reach a forty year high.
The menial difference in overall box office accumulation and the huge increase in admissions indicates a downward trend for ticket prices in the region this past year, with the subscription ticket services being popularised by the region’s most prominent cinema chains being a key factor.
The overall number of admissions is expected to be between 170 and 180 million in spite of the hit the box office usually takes during years of major football tournaments (in 2018 that was the FIFA World Cup).
The highest earning films in the region for 2018 were as follows:
- Avengers: Infinity War – £70.2million
- Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! – £65.6million
- Incredibles II – £55.9million
- Black Panther – £50.4million
- Bohemian Rhapsody – £47.2million
Avengers: Infinity War managed to break the top 10 highest grossing films of all time in the region with its total, while Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! became the 14th highest grossing film of all time during its run.
To keep up to date with the latest from the UK box office, subscribe to our YouTube channel for our Top 5 box chart each Tuesday and bookmark our site for our Box Office Report, published every Wednesday.