Sticking with our teen movies theme, this weekend I’m looking at dating tips we picked up from watching our favourite teen movies.
1. Turn up at a girl’s house on a lawn mower holding a boombox (or a modern equivalent).
If she’s like Olive and wants her life to be like an 80s movie.
2. Never kiss the popular kids when in fancy dress at the school dance, they won’t believe you the next day.
Not such A Cinderella Story for Carter and Shelby.
3. Spending the night chattering about your ex will achieve absolutely nothing.
See Simon? Lucy is not impressed.
(Ordering drinks then asking her to pay won’t help either)
4. Strip Croquet always works
5. Throw bread at girl to show them that you like them.
Like Peeta did with Katniss. You might have to compete in The Hunger Games too, but bread’s a good start.
6. Calling other girls sluts will not make you any more attractive to others.
Insulting Caroline never made Thurston want Jenny.
7. You must always be prepared to battle seven evil ex’s in order to win the heart of the girl/guy you like.
8. Trying to attract girls in bikinis at a car wash will go a lot better if your little sister isn’t also in a bikini washing cars.
Especially if they’re like Missy and not afraid of making you look like an idiot.
9. Using peppermint footwash as face cream will make you irresistible.
10. If you have a problem with your friend liking someone but you can’t figure out why, you’re probably jealous, even if its just a tiny bit, but remember they’re not worth falling out with your best friend for.
What do you think? Any dating tips we missed?
Let us know and we’ll post your best suggestions.