- Frozen II Maintains Top Spot - UK Box Office Roundup 6-8th Dec 2019
- 5 Christmas Movies Rewritten According to Brexit and UK Politics
- 2020 Golden Globe Nominees - Full List
- Record 'Irishman' Numbers, Malick Movie Screened at Vatican, Awards for Kathleen Kennedy, Helen Mirren, More
- European Film Awards 2019 - Winners Full List
Disney look set to translate another of their famous theme park rides into a movie, with the Jungle Cruise becoming the latest in a line of releases headed by the incredibly successful Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. While there hasn’t been an announced release date yet, Jungle Cruise has been confirmed to be starring Hollywood superstar Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
The star made the following comments to The Hollywood Reporter regarding the role: ““[Disney production president] Sean Bailey and Disney have been awesome partners and now the fun part begins … We’re starting to put in the work with Requa and Ficarra and our creative team. Fired up about this one. Here we go.”
John Requa and Glenn Ficara, writer-directors of Crazy Stupid Love and Focus, will write the project, with Man from U.N.C.L.E. producers John Davis and John Fox set to produce, though a director is yet to be confirmed.
The Disney ride, on which the film is set to be based, transports visitors through a range of settings including the Nile and Amazon rivers, the latter of which features Piranhas.