- Frozen II Maintains Top Spot - UK Box Office Roundup 6-8th Dec 2019
- 5 Christmas Movies Rewritten According to Brexit and UK Politics
- 2020 Golden Globe Nominees - Full List
- Record 'Irishman' Numbers, Malick Movie Screened at Vatican, Awards for Kathleen Kennedy, Helen Mirren, More
- European Film Awards 2019 - Winners Full List
Greenberg (2010) and Frances Ha (2012) director Noah Baumbach has, according to Variety, cast Scarlett Johansson, Laura Dern and Adam Driver in his latest project which looks set to be handled by Netflix.
The news comes in the midst of rumours that Baumbach’s most recent work, The Meyerowitz Stories, one of the director’s most critically successful releases – a 17/24 on The Film Magazine – is set for an awards season push by distributors Netflix, with Baumbach and star Adam Sandler likely to be the push’s focus.
It is expected that this new and untitled film will be written and directed by Baumbach, though plot details and characters are currently being kept close to the filmmaker’s chest. It has been confirmed that Netflix will distribute the upcoming film.
Adam Driver, Laura Dern and Scarlett Johansson each look set for huge years, with Driver and Dern starring in the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Johansson being one of the stars of Avengers: Infinity War. The trio will join Azhy Robertson and Birdman actress Merritt Wever on the film’s cast, with Wever joining Driver as the only cast members thus far to have worked with Baumbach previously.