- Frozen II Maintains Top Spot - UK Box Office Roundup 6-8th Dec 2019
- 5 Christmas Movies Rewritten According to Brexit and UK Politics
- 2020 Golden Globe Nominees - Full List
- Record 'Irishman' Numbers, Malick Movie Screened at Vatican, Awards for Kathleen Kennedy, Helen Mirren, More
- European Film Awards 2019 - Winners Full List
Deadpool actor Ed Skrein has exited the Lionsgate and Millennium Films reboot of the Hellboy franchise, Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen, following a backlash against what critics have described as “whitewashing”.
Skrein was set to take the role of Major Ben Daimio, a character who has historically been portrayed on screen and on the page as being of Asian heritage. He posted the following announcement via his Instagram account:
Mike Mignola, the creator of the Hellboy comics, responded with the following tweet:
— Mike Mignola (@artofmmignola) August 28, 2017
Lead star David Harbour also responded positively to the news:
Hey internet. Thank you for your voices.
An injustice was done and will be corrected.
— David Harbour (@DavidKHarbour) August 28, 2017