- 5 Reasons Why You Need to Watch Midnight Cowboy
- Michael Fassbender in Talks to Star in David Fincher Assassin Thriller
- The Mauritanian (2021) Review - GFF
- Poly Styrene: I Am a Cliché (2021) Review - GFF
- Sia’s Music Is Not “a Love Letter to the Autistic Community”: It’s Another Unrealistic Portrayal of ASD
Disney and LucasArts have officially announced via starwars.com that Donald Glover has joined the cast of the young Han Solo film as beloved The Empire Strikes Back character Lando Calrissian.
The actor, also known as musician Childish Gambino, who shot to fame as a cast member on Community but has also been a part of the writing team at 30 Rock and appeared in a number of successful films including The Martian (2015), will join Aldo Ehrennreich in the yet-to-be-titled solo movie that will be directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (21 Jump Street; The Lego Movie).
When speaking on the appointment, the directors stated:
“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us. These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”
Glover was recently rumoured to become the new Spider-Man before the casting of Tom Holland.