- 5 Reasons Why You Need to Watch Midnight Cowboy
- Michael Fassbender in Talks to Star in David Fincher Assassin Thriller
- The Mauritanian (2021) Review - GFF
- Poly Styrene: I Am a Cliché (2021) Review - GFF
- Sia’s Music Is Not “a Love Letter to the Autistic Community”: It’s Another Unrealistic Portrayal of ASD
Paramount have acquired the rights to make Devil in the White City, a movie that Leonardo DiCaprio has held the rights to for over 6 years.
Leonardo DiCaprio will star in the movie as a villainous murderer, while long-time collaborator Martin Scorsese will direct. Billy Ray (The Hunger Games; Captain Phillips) will write the screenplay for the story that Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter describes as the following:
White City is a nonfiction story that focuses on the lives of two men who turned the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair into their playground. One man, Daniel H. Burnham, the architect responsible for the fair’s construction, in a short period of time was forced to overcome immense obstacles to construct the famous “White City” around which the fair was built. The other, H.H. Holmes, was a serial killer masquerading as a charming doctor who is believed to be responsible for scores of murders around the time of the fair. Holmes devised and erected the World’s Fair Hotel, complete with crematorium and gas chamber, near the fairgrounds and used the event as well as his own charismatic personality to lure victims to their death.