- For Only A Fistful Of Dollars - How A Low Budget Western Reinvented the Hollywood Hero
- 7 Moments from 'Bobby Robson: More Than A Manager' That Will Give You Chills
- Mendez, Baledon, Urueta: The Golden Age of Mexican Horror Cinema
- Every MCU Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Ranked
- Stephen King’s Latest Novella Spawns Multiple Deals – from Aronofsky to Blumhouse
‘Big Little Lies’, ‘Supernatural’, Lady Bird and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri actress Kathryn Newton looks set to be cast as the lead in Legendary’s live-action adaptation of famous anime and video game series Pokemon after a successful auditioning campaign.
The actress will join ‘The Get Down’ actor Justice Smith in the picture titled Detective Pikachu, which will tell the tale of a Pikachu (a mouse-like Pokemon with electric powers) running an investigation with a boy. Newton will play a curious journalist who goes on the journey with the boy and the Pokemon.
Production on the movie is due to start in London in January, with the picture being directed by Rob Letterman (Gulliver’s Travels – 2010; Goosebumps – 2015) and working from a script by Alex Hirsch and Nicole Perlman.