Jennifer Lawrence is about as popular as any one performer can be at the moment. Throughout the past five years, the actress has propelled herself to the very top of the film industry with critically acclaimed performances coming as often as her box office successes. So, with The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 cleaning house at this winter’s box office, we thought we’d present you with five facts you may not know about Jennifer Lawrence…
5. Despite being nominated for three acting awards at the Oscars (winning once for ‘Best Actress’ for Silver Linings Playbook in 2013), Ms. Lawrence has never received any formal acting training. In fact, she was never even enrolled in her school’s drama program.
4. In 2009, the now famed actress appeared in a music video for a song entitled “The Mess I Made” by American indie band Parachute.
3. Midnight in Paris (2011), Harold and Maude (1971) and The Big Lebowski (1998) are some of Lawrence’s favourite films.
2. Jennifer Lawrence originally turned down the role of Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games, citing the effects that the Bella Swan character had on Kristen Stewart’s career as the reason. Within three days she changed her mind and accepted the role.
1. Lawrence actually auditioned for the role of Bella Swan in the Twilight franchise. She also auditioned for the role of Jules in Superbad (eventually played by Emma Stone) and Lisbeth Salander in David Fincher’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (a role eventually played by Rooney Mara).